Veg Seedlings

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
IMG_0068.JPG
IMG_0064.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG

You have lots on the go Elena :). I managed to take 5 cuttings from one of my dahlias two days ago that I had overwintered, sorry they came with no name but are very small wine with dark leaves..(maybe you could identify once there up and running)? and they seem to be doing fine..."at the minute". Also potted up two new varieties yesterday, cactus "Kelvin floodlight" and another cactus " My Love" and I see one is sprouting already so hopefully cuttings from them soon. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Elena, they look great. ;) I like dahlias but the slugs and snails like them as well.:(

It's the earwigs that like mine Logan :mad: and I've tried the upside down cups on bamboo filled with straw, doesn't work for me. This year I will be trying the Vaseline on the bamboo canes and see if any luck.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
These are Dahlias. I cut them and treated with antiseptic. We are looking forward to the end of May.

Elena what do you mean by antiseptic please? I dip mine in hormone root powder, do you think this is the same?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
Russian Federation
You can see the green color on the tubers. It is antiseptic. When I was a little girl, my mom treated my skinned knees. If I separate an tuber with a knife, I use it for wounds that. You have other аntiseptic in Europe. The main idea is to kill the germs on the cut.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have no idea how this happened. Love it!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'm panicking as I couldn't find trays to sow seeds. And instead I'm sitting here .. I must tear myself away .. I think I know what to make the pics big now. But my software is playing up. I dare to stand up to devil and lillysilly said I was brave and that they would target me. So true. But let's move on. I'm going to email her now.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
SunSpot Sunflowers have all germinated after 3 days :) Tiny sign of life on the others but not enough to photograph.
IMG_0069.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
@alp
Your streptokarpusy from seed - so cute! :) I used to grow streptocarpuses from seeds,too. I love them, they blossom all year. Where will you grow them? At home?

Now I also grow streptocarpuses of different varieties. But I became lazy and have long been breeding them with pieces of leaves. Sometimes they give seeds, but I do not know if they will be able to convey the varietal qualities.

@Lollipop
Sunflowers in a pot - amazing for me. :) They grow so fast. When you are planting them in the garden?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Larisa: those streptos are not from seeds, but from cuttings. I did manage to grow some successfully from seeds. Yes, I grew and killed them with equal facility. Don't think I have the conditions for them. For some reasons,I didn't get any seeds last year. They just died on me. I said to myself that if they died on me, I won't replace them unless they are 50p a pot in shops! LOL! They are buggy, but they are sooooooooooo pretty. You can use a brush to cross pollinate them. I like to mess about with that. I should have done that with all my hellebores, but today has been cold. Even now, the sun is out, but I feel the cold.

Larisa: We're going to be good friends as we both grow strepts and hellebores. Tomorrow, I will upload some hellebores.

Ask a Question