Tulip FEST!? Please share yours ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have messed up some colours big time. I should have planted them in clusters to add a bit of impact. Instead, I have one here and one there.. But I was very pleased to see so many Terry tulips in the raised bed.. Used to be one or two, but this year, I have 6 or more in 2 clusters.. Well chuffed. They are so much more exciting than daffs.. I love the parrot single ones as the double seems to be too busy..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Some more for today

I have quite a few of these..
IMGA0007.JPG
IMGA0010.JPG
IMGA0019.JPG
IMGA0020.JPG

Found the colours very mercurial - white in the morning and yellow in the afternoon sun and the crimson is soooo rich..

The petal has a bit of green in it. . very fascinating..
IMGA0017.JPG

IMGA0028.JPG

These one is most spectacular though very buggy.. it came with white plain partner which is equally buggy. That's why I didn't photograph them.. Full of bugs..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan: They are lovely and the red picks up the colours of your lovely brick work.. Love red bricks, so much better than white render and then you will have to paint it..

Wonderful chunky hyacinths even though in pots.. My sinewy hyacinths are in the ground and yet they are half of the sizes of yours.. Going to be a great day for flowers.. if they survive the heat today.. Some of my tulips have shown sign of dying..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Gorgeous, Logan.. Really close up, big, bright and cheerful.. Fantastic show.. I would love to get some of those pink and white ones.. I haven't got one like that .. Delightful, Logan!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Only a fair few

Knight of the Night
SAM_0041.JPG

Highly serrated parrot tulips - love them very much now

SAM_0038.JPG
SAM_0040.JPG
SAM_0057.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, Logan.. See how pretty your pink and white and the yellow ones are.. So much more definition and a strong focus.. Me, I just put my nose next to my flowers! Hehe!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I put a lot of horse manure and water retentive gel into the border and this year, I have now loads of doubles.. Very pleased ..as normally I only have 2 or three.. Sweet surprise this year.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
planted theses in a friends garden last winter they are called ...Peppermint Twists
P1030794.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Daren: Aren't they lovely! Such a celebration of varieties in the tulip family .. Last year I had some interesting ones, but now they are nowhere to be seen.. Must be on the lookout for something different..

Love that bird bath..

Ask a Question