wiseowl

\friendly Owl
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
United Kingdom Hardiness Zone 8
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon I have planted up all my perennials :)

P1230982.JPG
P1230983.JPG

wiseowl

\friendly Owl
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
United Kingdom Hardiness Zone 8
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon @Logan my friend.I have Foxgloves,hollyhocks,Penstemons,bell flowers,bleeding hearts(red and white) and 5 climbing roses 8 floribunda Roses,,Lavender,cranesbill.Antirrhinums,wallflowers,sweetpeas, a new Hawthorn hedge,snow in summer,gladioli, Poppies red and Himalayan,and numerouse other plants:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
wiseowl is also a busyowl .. LOL .. Quite a lot of plants.. I also have red and white bleeding hearts,, I wish I had sown some foxgloves. Got loads of seeds, sitting in the seed box giving me dirty looks... I feel so guilty .. Lovely photos and love your lions .. and various statues in your garden..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon @Logan my friend.I have Foxgloves,hollyhocks,Penstemons,bell flowers,bleeding hearts(red and white) and 5 climbing roses 8 floribunda Roses,,Lavender,cranesbill.Antirrhinums,wallflowers,sweetpeas, a new Hawthorn hedge,snow in summer,gladioli, Poppies red and Himalayan,and numerouse other plants:)
That's a lot, it's going to look beautiful in the summer.;)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Daren Love the red ones with frilly edges.. How come someone else's flowers are always more desirable.. I don't have any like this.. I will take a brush and go round my white frilly edged ones and cross pollinate all the others... Hope it works. I did a bit of that 2 days ago.

I love them best when they are open and expose the anthers and stamen, not flat open, but fully open and they become much bigger than they look when they are in bud..

Daren: Love the topiaries... Can we have a closer look as well please? Is that your summer palace?!:p:D:LOL::ROFLMAO:;) Very grand!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Glade you like them Logan ,Alp. I love all tulips & your are top Alp(y) I'll sort some pic's of topiary But popping to Devon first as sun has come out:):).......Yes that's my summer place My house is less on Burnham on Crouch Grand But High-street. With plenty of pubs to have a pint or six :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Daren: Thank you for the kind words.. I love Devon and Cornwall too.. Oh, dear! Man and pub are twined at birth.. No wonder I can never understand them .. LOL!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan You've been hiding them.. So pretty. I love the parrot one and the last one.. The parrot one looks similar but different from mine. I don't have the last one at all.. The last one is gorgeous.. I might buy some more tulips .. They are really worth it.. I really like it when I have found out that we have the same .. Like the purple ones.. They are simply beautiful!

They have vibrant colours - very carnival like ..
IMGA0001.JPG
IMGA0003.JPG
IMGA0005.JPG

See how messy it is now.. Shame!
IMGA0007.JPG
IMGA0009.JPG
IMGA0011.JPG

This is a new one.. but the anthers look a bit messy!
IMGA0013.JPG

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Alp, thanks. they still look good. I like the parrot ones. Can't always get the same ones every year. One of the borders, i always dig them up to put the summer bedding in. Thought i had all the colours separate, but i hadn't. I have yellow wallflowers so i wanted red and purple tulips, but i got the old yellow ones in with them.

Ask a Question