Try, try again

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Chuck, what does Jamie do after the solarization? :unsure:
After sufficient solarising the grass and all weeds will be brown and dead. I like to use clear plastic because sunshine will help with weed and grass germinition and plant. growth.. After the plastic is removed till it all under and replace the plastic for about a month. This will germinate most of the remaining underground seeds that did not germinate the first time. Till it under again and plant your garden. There will probably be a few weeds pop up but with a hula-hoe it will be easy to maintain. I did my garden of 1/4 acre like this. It is work and it works.

Jamie Calloway

Fruitalicious
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thank you @Chuck, I am going to be on the look out for the vapor barrier plastic, hope to get it started next week. It really doesn't start to get cool here in Georgia until about Novemeber so I hope to at least get the first cycle of grass and weeds taken care of. Thank you @MaryMary.

Ask a Question