Tricolor Beech

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
This is my first spring with our tricolor beech. The leaves are consistent in shape and color except for a cluster of huge green leaves. Is that typical? Have those just achieved their final color and size faster than everything else?
IMG_8923.jpg
IMG_8924.jpg
IMG_8936.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Keep the soil around the base of the tree aerated well between waterings. Make sure the root flair is exposed well to exchange gases. Your tree looks very pretty and the best way to keep it looking pretty is to take care of it the way I just described. .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Keep the soil around the base of the tree aerated well between waterings. Make sure the root flair is exposed well to exchange gases. Your tree looks very pretty and the best way to keep it looking pretty is to take care of it the way I just described. .

Good to know. I didn’t know aeration was important for a beech. Thanks for the tip.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The leaves that are all green have reverted to the original coloration. Watch for any new growth from that area that has all green leaves. Remove it as it will be stronger than the variegated parts and take over.

Ask a Question