Tired of Being Cold!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Right now I am huddled up next to the forced air heater vent in my house because it is early in the morning and the house has not warmed up yet. I am really sick and tired of being cold all of the time and can't wait for the weather to warm up. It is hard to get motivated to do anything, but play around online. Not to mention that I have to apply lotion to my skin about every hour because the winter weather is drying out my skin. Oh how I can't wait until I can venture outside and play in the dirt again!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
It's 34 outside right now here where I am, but it's gonna get in the high 70's this weekend. At least I have something to look forward to in the near future. Where are you located, Rosyrain?

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I never experienced snow and I thought "how I love to experience winter time" but it seems that everyone I know who lives in a four season country doesn't like it. My aunt also keeps complaining about her arthritis during winter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am in Washington. We have not gotten any snow in the western part if the state, but I am so sick of being cold I could scream right now. It would be better if we had snow so at least I could go out and play in u
It.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
I like the cold weather and the snow too. Don't like shoveling it but, it does keep me out of trouble. But, I can't wait for it to warm up a little. Between the snow and the cold I go stir crazy. Chopping up the furniture, removing door knobs and stuff. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are at 12 degree this morning! Any water drips turn right into ice, and I have to burst the back door out from ice. It is still early in the winter for us here in Michigan, and another two months of cold temperature to come :(

Reaction score
Woah, two more months of that cold?! Over here it seems the winter is almost over, but then spring and summer come. Now no probs with spring, but summer is really tough! It's going to be scalding hot this year, quite sure about that :S Not looking forward to it!

Reaction score
Right now I am huddled up next to the forced air heater vent in my house because it is early in the morning and the house has not warmed up yet. I am really sick and tired of being cold all of the time and can't wait for the weather to warm up. It is hard to get motivated to do anything, but play around online. Not to mention that I have to apply lotion to my skin about every hour because the winter weather is drying out my skin. Oh how I can't wait until I can venture outside and play in the dirt again!

Aww! So sorry to hear you feel this way, but don't worry, when you least expect it you will be playing again in the dirt outside =D Meanwhile maybe you could tell us more about your gardening projects =D I'm sure that will keep you motivated and happy while waiting for the spring to arrive!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is cold here also, about 20 degrees. By the end of March we will be warming up with lots of rain, it does get old being cold but we know it is going to change soon. Just imagine if it was like this all the time.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's super cold here, -10 degrees. We were without heat too, because of my recent string of job hunt failures and the fact I can only earn 5 bucks a day online so far. I was bundled up in hoodies, sweat pants, blankets, the whole nine yards. Still kind of am, even though we managed enough scrap funds to turn it on for a bit. No telling how long that will last, though.

I hate the fact of where I live in the winter. No Jobs, no fun. Town gets crippled. Too rural. But for gardening and the beautiful wilderness it's awesome. Tradeoffs. We all suffer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well I guess I can't complain much Shimus as your negative 10 degrees is much worse than the 30s we have been experiencing. So you have been living in that cold of weather with no heat in your home? Are there no other online jobs you can do so that you are making some more money to at least get the essentials?

Reaction score
I never experienced snow and I thought "how I love to experience winter time" but it seems that everyone I know who lives in a four season country doesn't like it. My aunt also keeps complaining about her arthritis during winter.

May I suggest you take a vacation to a snowy place? When I lived in CA we used to go up to the mountains to have snowball fights. Snow can be fun. It's the months of shoveling snow, driving on slick roads, and being chilled to the bone that makes us all hate it.

Make you plans last minute, you want to be able to go out and enjoy the white stuff, so make sure you're not going into below 0 temps, and take into account the wind chill. You do NOT want to experience a blizzard.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I guess I can't complain much Shimus as your negative 10 degrees is much worse than the 30s we have been experiencing. So you have been living in that cold of weather with no heat in your home? Are there no other online jobs you can do so that you are making some more money to at least get the essentials?

I wish I knew of any more that legit paid and I didn't have to sit grinding for hours - if you know of any that pay and have a low withdraw limit, I'd be interested to hear them...

And yeah, we sat without heat for awhile but what we did was turn on the oven and prop it open and borrow a space heater that runs on batteries from a friend. It's cold, but it's livable. :sick:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It's super cold here, -10 degrees. We were without heat too, because of my recent string of job hunt failures and the fact I can only earn 5 bucks a day online so far. I was bundled up in hoodies, sweat pants, blankets, the whole nine yards. Still kind of am, even though we managed enough scrap funds to turn it on for a bit. No telling how long that will last, though.

I hate the fact of where I live in the winter. No Jobs, no fun. Town gets crippled. Too rural. But for gardening and the beautiful wilderness it's awesome. Tradeoffs. We all suffer.
Wow..that is super duper cold indeed! So sorry to hear that you have no heat too and I hope that this has been fixed. Your online earnings isn't bad though. I can't even pull in a dollar. Stay warm and let us hope spring will come soon to thaw us out :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I sure hope so. But since our winter got started so late, I have a feeling I'm having snow longer then the extra weeks the Groundhog said. (HE LIES! HEEEE LIESSS! lol). I live in the same state as that damned famous one, Phil. I should just go down and threaten him until he sees spring coming sooner :p

Ask a Question