Pepper plants being targeted

Reaction score
Country
United States
Morning everyone,

Figured i'd post on here to try and get some help. The last two mornings i've come to find that some of my bell pepper plants have been eaten. There were no issues when they were smaller, nothing is touching the tomatoes or jalapeños. This pest loves going for the leaves, branches, and actual peppers themselves. Any advice?

Thanks!

Attachments

• pepper.JPG
    pepper.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 227
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Morning everyone,

Figured i'd post on here to try and get some help. The last two mornings i've come to find that some of my bell pepper plants have been eaten. There were no issues when they were smaller, nothing is touching the tomatoes or jalapeños. This pest loves going for the leaves, branches, and actual peppers themselves. Any advice?

Thanks!
When you say they go for the peppers themselves, is part of the pepper still on the plant or on the ground or completely missing.

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are no signs of chewed up leaves, or peppers left on the ground or on the plant. It is chewed down to the main stem. Some of the peppers were about 3" in diameter.

Thanks for the reply.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
There are no signs of chewed up leaves, or peppers left on the ground or on the plant. It is chewed down to the main stem. Some of the peppers were about 3" in diameter.

Thanks for the reply.
In that case the only possible culprits have to have 4 legs. I would guess rats. Mice usually leave a little behind. Squirrels usually leave behind portions of a stem. Raccoons will tear up a plant, breaking limbs and such. You have a tall fence so deer are out. I would get some sticky traps and nail them to a board and set them out in the garden.

Ask a Question