Tips on growing chives

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No matter what I do, I can never get chives to grow! Doesn't matter if I grow them indoors or outside, they die off after a couple of weeks. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Does anyone have any tips for growing chives (light, spacing, how many seeds to plant at a time etc.)? Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a look in the supermarket for herbs growing in pots, they can take a while from seed.. Even better find someone who has some and get them to take off a small clump for you. When they get going remember to take the flowers off, they keep their flavour better, and mine used to seed all over the place if I missed doing it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
No matter what I do, I can never get chives to grow! Doesn't matter if I grow them indoors or outside, they die off after a couple of weeks. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Does anyone have any tips for growing chives (light, spacing, how many seeds to plant at a time etc.)? Thanks!
Oh yeah haha that happens to me too only when I feel lazy to water, what always fixed my issue is always keeping them moist everyday. Unless its really cold or something. Keep them under a little bit more shade of you can't water. But, once you get it going they will do great. I don't space them I just grow them like a bush like this. If they don't have shelter from heavy winds or lows temps they get shock. They love cool weather but not cold cold. Im in Southern Texas grow conditions keep in mind
20230313_171535.jpg

Ask a Question