This years Harvest

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
This is a wonderful thread like bragging with the harvests. How I would love to join by posting our own but it's sad that our garden was inundated. Our cassava crops had started from scratch again. And due to the excessive rains, the fruits of the dragon fruit vine are very small like dwarf fruits. This changing season is not really good, the plants seem to go crazy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
How do you go chopping up the onions, Becky.:cry: I recently found the most wonderful things.......glasses especially for onion chopping, mine are very bright pink cats eyes glasses with silver diamontes...mmmmm. :LOL:I was shopping and about to go home to make French onion soup when I saw them and decided they were a must. They do work and I'm sure I don't look ridiculous wearing them. I mean the cats don't laugh. ;) I gave pair to my sister for her birthday. Hers are more subtle, black with the diamontes. The shop assistant serving me told me a customer had bought a pair and then came back and bought 6 more for his employees in his restaurant. Wouldn't that kitchen be fun:ROFLMAO:!

Wow your glasses are fabulous, I love them!! :LOL:

I wear contact lenses, so I find that chopping onions doesn't bother me at all (y)

Reaction score
I have found it helpful to have a fan blow the fumes away from my face!

(Though if I did not wear glasses so that I can see, I would happily buy a pair of onion glasses: I really hate the onion fumes)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Oh. Em. Gee. Those glasses are the bomb! Love them.
Maybe I'm not buying the right onions; cutting them never makes me tear up.

And zigs, what a great harvest. I swear next year I'm going to try garlic. If I get used to freshly-grown garlic will I be spoiled for store-bought, like with tomatoes?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fantastic harvest of the garlic, @zigs We have to buy garlic here and I am not sure if they are organic and fresh like yours!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh. Em. Gee. Those glasses are the bomb! Love them.
Maybe I'm not buying the right onions; cutting them never makes me tear up.

And zigs, what a great harvest. I swear next year I'm going to try garlic. If I get used to freshly-grown garlic will I be spoiled for store-bought, like with tomatoes?

The fresh stuff is a bit stronger :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I plan on starting garlic earlier this year. I harvested a few itty bitty single clove bulbs at the start of the summer and I have two still waiting to be dug up, but the last time I checked they didn't seem they were going to be much bigger. I'm just glad I managed to grow them without them failing or getting eaten for a change.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
A good harvest! Make sure you eat all the varieties. Your body needs a balanced diet - carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerals.

Ask a Question