This years Harvest

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Amazing harvest, that garlic looks really big and beautiful! At home we use a lot garlic, I remember last time we went grocery shopping I was so displeased with the garlic I found there....it smelled a bit moldy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Very impressive Zigs. I've tried to grow garlic a couple of times but to no avail. Guess I need to keep trying.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Cor! Very nice indeed (y) What are your plans for all the onions - do you get through them all yourself? I easily could, we get through loads - especially when I make French onion soup :)

zigs

Naughty Cactus Moderator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ta :)

Some are going in the show, but all will get eaten :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Cor! Very nice indeed (y) What are your plans for all the onions - do you get through them all yourself? I easily could, we get through loads - especially when I make French onion soup :)
How do you go chopping up the onions, Becky.:cry: I recently found the most wonderful things.......glasses especially for onion chopping, mine are very bright pink cats eyes glasses with silver diamontes...mmmmm. :LOL:I was shopping and about to go home to make French onion soup when I saw them and decided they were a must. They do work and I'm sure I don't look ridiculous wearing them. I mean the cats don't laugh. ;) I gave pair to my sister for her birthday. Hers are more subtle, black with the diamontes. The shop assistant serving me told me a customer had bought a pair and then came back and bought 6 more for his employees in his restaurant. Wouldn't that kitchen be fun:ROFLMAO:!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
This is a wonderful thread like bragging with the harvests. How I would love to join by posting our own but it's sad that our garden was inundated. Our cassava crops had started from scratch again. And due to the excessive rains, the fruits of the dragon fruit vine are very small like dwarf fruits. This changing season is not really good, the plants seem to go crazy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
How do you go chopping up the onions, Becky.:cry: I recently found the most wonderful things.......glasses especially for onion chopping, mine are very bright pink cats eyes glasses with silver diamontes...mmmmm. :LOL:I was shopping and about to go home to make French onion soup when I saw them and decided they were a must. They do work and I'm sure I don't look ridiculous wearing them. I mean the cats don't laugh. ;) I gave pair to my sister for her birthday. Hers are more subtle, black with the diamontes. The shop assistant serving me told me a customer had bought a pair and then came back and bought 6 more for his employees in his restaurant. Wouldn't that kitchen be fun:ROFLMAO:!
Wow your glasses are fabulous, I love them!! :LOL:

I wear contact lenses, so I find that chopping onions doesn't bother me at all (y)

Reaction score
I have found it helpful to have a fan blow the fumes away from my face!

(Though if I did not wear glasses so that I can see, I would happily buy a pair of onion glasses: I really hate the onion fumes)

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Oh. Em. Gee. Those glasses are the bomb! Love them.
Maybe I'm not buying the right onions; cutting them never makes me tear up.

And zigs, what a great harvest. I swear next year I'm going to try garlic. If I get used to freshly-grown garlic will I be spoiled for store-bought, like with tomatoes?

Ask a Question