New Years Day Menu 2019

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Roast Pork put in oven, topped with with a mixture of flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, thyme, and dry mustard, that will form a crusty crackly crust. The cut of the meat is on rack of bones. It will take about 5 hours. on the 4th hour to put the sauerkraut in the pan, and start mixing that with the juices from the pork, then the sauerkraut will caramelize for that last hour. Whipped potatoes to go with and brussel sprouts. And that will be our New Years Day meal at about 4PM.

And what will all you be having???

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Had a brunch today for 12 of us. Bacon, Candian bacon, ham, hash brown potatoes, pancakes and maple syrup, eggs what ever style they wanted . Choices of toast, English muffins and bagels. Orange juice, coffee, tea and after 12 beer if not driving.

Granddaughters are staying for a few days so I get to put out three squares a day. Better put on my thinking cap to come up with healthy food that interests them. Can't have them eating the rubbish I normally consume :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I did the local traditional. Cabbage, black eyed peas and cornbread. Did not do the cooking myself, tried a local joint. Tasted good, but not to sure about giving it another go.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I did the local traditional. Cabbage, black eyed peas and cornbread. Did not do the cooking myself, tried a local joint. Tasted good, but not to sure about giving it another go.

Corn bread and black eyed peas would be wonderful. Unfortunately, I like cabbage but it doesn’t like me. I would be in misery.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
We had bacon, eggs, baked potato and salad with sweetcorn and grated raw beetroot. Hubby had 3 slices of bread and butter.

Ask a Question