This makes my blood boil!!

Loose Screw

Master Weed Puller
Reaction score
Country
United States
The elites will force us to eat Bugs and Laugh at us while They eat the rarest fish eggs and drink the most expensive wines!
They have servants peel grapes for them!
...and yet the ignorant and greedy fall for their lies and threaten others that don't fall into line!

Reaction score
Country
United States
People can tell 1000s of lies and they never get deleted. If you say 1 racist word or 1 cuss word you go to prison. What do people gain by telling lies?

Loose Screw

Master Weed Puller
Reaction score
Country
United States
People can tell 1000s of lies and they never get deleted. If you say 1 racist word or 1 cuss word you go to prison. What do people gain by telling lies?

Lies are used to buy time and to be In Control of the ignorant and greedy, to have them do the bidding, to be at the front of the Firing Line, Fodder!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
And as we, as gardeners especially know, it is those trees that were using up the carbon and giving us our oxygen. Nature doesn't need intervention, especially from those ''elite few'' who were never elected anyway - by anyone.

NigelJ

Still Learning
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Radio 4's More or Less picked up on this and last weeks broadcast had an interview with the author of the original work, a little more nuanced than some reports.
or as podcast https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0h9cyx0
Interview is in the last quarter of the broadcast.
Thank you for the links and information Nigel, but we will be unable to listen to them as we do not use TV and will not use i player, and so would not sign in to BBC in any way for any purpose. We don't watch any live TV nor do we record it. It is the legal and proper way to save some money, and generally speaking we don't miss any of it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I'm done with all popular media. In the US we have three major cable networks, FOX, CNN & MSNBC. They all slant the news to their own biases and that of their audience.

I resort to looking for hidden gems. In any news organization, there are those that you know care about the truth. I also follow more independent news, but even then you have to look out for the crazy partisans.

One good example is a guy by the name of Tucker Carlson, who use to be part of FOX, but got fired and is now independent.

That idiot is trying to tell Americans how much better grocery shopping is in Russia, by a simple price comparison.

That's why I've decided not to take sides, unlike too many Americans that fall on one side or the other. Separate from emotions and evaluate on facts.

Loose Screw

Master Weed Puller
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm done with all popular media. In the US we have three major cable networks, FOX, CNN & MSNBC. They all slant the news to their own biases and that of their audience.

I resort to looking for hidden gems. In any news organization, there are those that you know care about the truth. I also follow more independent news, but even then you have to look out for the crazy partisans.

One good example is a guy by the name of Tucker Carlson, who use to be part of FOX, but got fired and is now independent.

That idiot is trying to tell Americans how much better grocery shopping is in Russia, by a simple price comparison.

That's why I've decided not to take sides, unlike too many Americans that fall on one side or the other. Separate from emotions and evaluate on facts.

Hypocrisy and self righteousness is what bugs the heck out of me.......

Reaction score
Country
United States
Auto correct makes me mad. I changes words that I type. I proof read what I type and I still miss a few words that need to me changed. Above, generator should be generation. Some of the word changes are very stupid auto correct thinks it is smarter than me. I like auto correct because words I have not typed in 50 years I have forgotten how to spell.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States

All have a certain amount of bias. You need to read a variety and make your own conclusions.

What I dislike are the ones that claim to be fair and honest. No. No you're not. Just state your point of view from the beginning.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Auto correct makes me mad. I changes words that I type. I proof read what I type and I still miss a few words that need to me changed. Above, generator should be generation. Some of the word changes are very stupid auto correct thinks it is smarter than me. I like auto correct because words I have not typed in 50 years I have forgotten how to spell.
Done a lot of editing and proof reading, it makes you conscious of these things. It is usually where a wrong word can be read as a right one in isolation, such as:-
I changes words/ It changes words
that need to me changed/ that need to be changed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
All have a certain amount of bias. You need to read a variety and make your own conclusions.

What I dislike are the ones that claim to be fair and honest. No. No you're not. Just state your point of view from the beginning.
That's what I do, like I said above I look for hidden gems, even in sources I don't follow. A good example is FOX news, I don't follow. However, I really respect some of their reporters, one example is Jennifer Griffin.

I also use to love listening to Charles Krauthammer, but sadly he's no longer with us.

Ask a Question