Making Cab of RV into Makeshift Green House

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I need some advice. I have a RV with a over cab bed. I am blocking off the cab from the cabin to turn the cab into a makeshift green house while we are stationary but everything is removable when we need to move around. What type of vegetable plants would do well in partial shade and should I crack the windows open or leave them closed?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
This is a really interesting idea, I'm really looking forward to seeing how it works! I'd love to see some photos when you're all set up :)

In terms of what to plant, basic rule of thumb as I understand it is that vegetables that you grow for the leaves etc can tolerate shade far better than a plant you grow for the roots or fruit. So leafy greens like kale and spinach might be worth a try. That being said, I've never tried it myself, I'm just going off knowledge gleaned from my step-dad!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your idea sounds like it will be a great activity and I would love to see the pictures of the final project. I agree the leafy green vegetables would probably do better in your situation than a root plant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That really is a great use of the space and I too would love to see some photos of your finished product. I think beans would also be a good plant to grow in a shady area. I had a bean plant that did well to start off with in my kitchen window sill just this last year. The window hardly ever sees the light of day!

Ask a Question