TALKING TO HOUSEPLANTS makes them grow better!!!!!!!

SunshineAndSoil

Animal Lover
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hey everyone,
I just realized something. Since plants take in carbon dioxide in photosynthesis and we breath out carbon dioxide, and we also breath out when we are talking, shouldn't talking to plants make them grow better? Idk lol maybe it's stupid, but it's hilarious to think about. :p:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn`t everyone talk to their plants? I talk to mine all the time, and I care not what the neighbours think. Prince Charles always does too.
1599848570202.png

NigelJ

Still Learning
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The amount of carbon dioxide you breath out doesn't make much difference to the plants growth, even if you gossip like my old gran. The important thing is that you are paying attention to them, you look at them more often and as a result you are more likely to spot pests and problems early and treat them before they become a big problem.
@Tetters don't worry about the neighbours, these days with mobile phones, as you walk down the street almost everybody appears to be talking to themselves. So the neighbours will just think you are on the mobile.

Reaction score
Country
France
The topic's title remind me my girlfriend that i saw last week saying hello to her favorite plants and placing a soft kiss on one of its larger leaves. :giggle:

Maybe talking, touching, bringing attention helps ... it reminds me a little "mystic" story too ahah. :sneaky:

One day when my family move out my mother wanted to carry with us a small palm tree that was maybe 3 feets high for 1 feet large, but it was hard because roots were deep. She tried one hour and as a kid i was looking sometimes at here under the sun, digging and trying to cleverly clear the roots but she couldn't.

Then, she stopped and she started to whisper to the palm tree that he could be okay, and she explained to him (like to a real people ahah) that she wanted to bring him with her to a new beautiful garden where it could be safe and happy with us. After some minutes she told us that the palm tree became strangely easier to dig up (like he would have accepted to leave the ground trusting my mother) and now it is still growing happily and healthy in our new garden :)

Ask a Question