The pole is going!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Awe, :unsure: I hope it clears up soon enough for you. We went through 2 weekends straight of rain. The frustrating part was it was nice and sunny and cool Mon-Fri then BAM, torrential rain Sat and Sun... I finally got last weekend rain free... Although it sounds like I sent it your way:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
What a massive job that was. Your lovely garden looks intact though. I had a pole left in one area of the garden where the old wood shed was. I painted it gloss black and nailed a wire wall art large wire flower shaped thingie to it to become garden art. I didn't like it so repainted it gray to match the fence. Didn't like that either but third time lucky. I used "Rust Effect" and now I like it. Not suggesting you could have done that with your big pole.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
It's amazing how the poles can be dressed up and disguised. :) I'm glad it's gone though especially as it was rotting at the base.

JHB

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I wish the pole in the middle of my yard would be taken out, but my road is a private drive with 5 houses on it and the utility companies would never pay to underground and fix it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I wish the pole in the middle of my yard would be taken out, but my road is a private drive with 5 houses on it and the utility companies would never pay to underground and fix it.

The poles aren't so bad if you can disguise them like I did with climbers, but if they are in an awkward place then that's not possible.

The only reason ours have gone is because of a snowstorm at Easter in 2013. The island rarely sees snow and on this occasion the snow had frozen on the cables and put the sub- electricity station out that is close by. My village was snowed in and it was three days before we got the electricity supply back. So, because the poles and cables were due for changing anyway the electricity company decided to bring the replacement forward and they are all now underground. :)

I like it with out the pole

Thanks DrCase, I think I do too but it will take a while to get used to the way it is now. :)

Ask a Question