Stag Totem Poles

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
My 3 established stags or elks, not sure which, were exposed to too much sun during our long, hot, dry summer. They normally survive where I had them but I neglected to take into account that the council had chopped out a huge branch of a tree on the footpath which had in the past provided the shade over summer.
One is showing a very slight chance of some life so I have improvised with some bromeliads and little asparagus ferns, elk plants and one little stag which had survived the summer facing away from the sun.
I had already made my "stag totem pole" with 2 little ones on it a few years ago and that had made it through the summer so I decided to add to it. As they say, if your on a good thing stick to it;).
The larger one on the board didn't fit so I've hung that on a ladder I rusted and have as "garden art".
I'm happy with it all. Coming up with different ideas and solutions keeps me going:D:p
rps20180425_042930.jpg
I
rps20180425_043147.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've not seen this done before, what a neat idea! :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks Becky. I like to come up with individual solutions utilising what I have. The bases are the curved outsides of a cherry tree which the young tree lopper I use, Anton, offered to cut down for free if he could have the wood. I was more than happy with that. I've still got 2 lengths left. Im sure I'll find something else to do with them. :p.
For the last 2 years I have visited an open garden in Monbulk, not far from me, and I have also caught up with this open garden lady gardener at an excercise class. Val offered to visit my garden. She bought some lovely cuttings and wonderful knowledge with her:). Hers is a really lovely cottage garden. Mine is a bit eclectic :oops:o_O I know.

Ask a Question