The plant to rule them all

Reaction score
Country
us
We are doing our landscaping finally and purchased a few plants I thought would go together. My wife thinks they clash and so I was wanting to find a plant that brought them all together.

That is the front of my house where I am landscaping. In the middle is where I want to put the 2 plants (same plant, just 2 of them). They will be the entrance to my door so I wasn't something that brings everything I'm planning together, something that isn't too tall (3 or so foot tall).

I'm planting Carmel Coral Bell in front of a Japanese Painted Fern. Those are really going to be what people see but then the smaller plants are in the picture along with hostas.

My wife says that the Bell and Fern are too much of a fall color and that the other flowers would stand out to much. I need something that will help here.

Ad

Advertisements

Becky

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
gb
Welcome to the forum :)

In the photo of the flowers, will it be the shown colour or the written colour? Honestly I think it really doesn't matter. I often think the best combinations are where things clash - that way each flower stands out. When you go for all one colour, or similar colours, they tend to blend in more. I'm a big fan of using complimentary colours - yellow and purple, blue and orange, red and green.

Ask a Question