The plant to rule them all

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Garden Design' started by mystang89, Apr 14, 2018.

1. mystang89

mystang89

We are doing our landscaping finally and purchased a few plants I thought would go together. My wife thinks they clash and so I was wanting to find a plant that brought them all together.
    [​IMG]

That is the front of my house where I am landscaping. In the middle is where I want to put the 2 plants (same plant, just 2 of them). They will be the entrance to my door so I wasn't something that brings everything I'm planning together, something that isn't too tall (3 or so foot tall).

I'm planting Carmel Coral Bell in front of a Japanese Painted Fern. Those are really going to be what people see but then the smaller plants are in the picture along with hostas.
    [​IMG]

My wife says that the Bell and Fern are too much of a fall color and that the other flowers would stand out to much. I need something that will help here.

mystang89, Apr 14, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. mystang89

Becky Administrator

Welcome to the forum :)

In the photo of the flowers, will it be the shown colour or the written colour? Honestly I think it really doesn't matter. I often think the best combinations are where things clash - that way each flower stands out. When you go for all one colour, or similar colours, they tend to blend in more. I'm a big fan of using complimentary colours - yellow and purple, blue and orange, red and green.

Becky, Apr 16, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question