zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Looking good Ian :)

Go steady on the water, don't want damping off fungus or Chuck will be round covering you in cornmeal :eek: :D

Mine a minute ago :)

DSCI0001 (21).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone gets on! (y)

@Ian has an onion addiction, so he's very excited about growing giant ones! :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
He'll love the kelsaes :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
An old lady one day gave me (btw, she had lived in this neighborhood since before it was a neighborhood) some onion plants, the variety of which I've yet to ID, so I planted them and they seemed to die, but as winter approached they sprouted and flourished. Since that time they have come back every time this time of year and last until mid spring.

This old lady died suddenly soon after giving me these plants; I didn't really know her well, but I can't help but to think she knew she wasn't going to be around much longer when she gave me these plants. She always had somethings growing in her backyard and I regret I didn't know her better.
That nice lady gave you a start of multiplier / winter onions.

Attachments

• Capture onions.JPG
    Capture onions.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 240
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Ian's onions are not looking good unfortunately! They had too much water at first and then too little :rolleyes: To be fair to him, it has been a busy and stressful time what with my illness and recent treatment.

I've decided to rescue them, but I'm not sure if they're too far gone. Some of them have good growth, but it's very delicate and doesn't stand upright. I've moved them to a cooler spot and I'll keep a close eye on the water situation, but do you think it's worth just starting again from scratch?

Ask a Question