Sweet, sweet basil

Reaction score
So I do not think I will be wanting for Basil this winter; I'm not huge on using herbs because me and cooking don't mix well, but the basil and Thyme mix together and make my apartment smell rather nice; but omg I started this basil plant early september and it's been flourishing, and mind you there is no direct sunlight. I am one lucky lady!!!

wbpmNLVl.jpg

it's been doing wonderfully and i couldn't be happier with these results! :D. And yes I know I need to transplant, and will be doing so quite soon. :3

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's a giant basil!:) You did a really great job.
Like you, I don't cook, but I love growing herbs. Most of them smell so nice. I simply can't imagine a kitchen without herbs on every windowsill:)

Reaction score
Thank you. Sometimes I use the plants and if someone is interested in fresh I pick and put them in a container and give it to them that day, but other than that I just enjoy the smell and let it grow :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
That's a really beautiful and healthy-looking basil. I envy you. I really love using basil, but I can't plant one because the birds/chickens eat them. :(

Reaction score
I actually have this one in my windowsil Helagumamela. They are great potted plants that you can keep inside because it makes the area smell so beautiful.

Reaction score
Shawchert i realized you stated that you don't cook but i should think you do drink a cup of tea...basil makes great tea and is especially great in the cold months ahead...so you can look towards drinking some great basil tea.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your plant looks very healthy. I did not know you could make a tea out of basil. I love the aroma of basil when I cook Italian food.

Ask a Question