Sunflowers Missing Leaves

Reaction score
My sunflowers are missing most of their leaves! How could this have happened? The leaves are just gone!

Will they be ok? It is pretty early into their life!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My sunflowers are missing most of their leaves! How could this have happened? The leaves are just gone!

If there are no leaves or pieces of leaves to be found some kind of 4 legged critter ate'em. Probably a mouse or a rat or a squirrel or a rabbit or a ...........................................

Reaction score

This is my first year growing sunflowers. Mine are about 4 feet tall now and do have a lot of leaves, but several leaves are pretty chewed up. I use an insecticide sparingly but I still see no bugs. No animals around .... especially none 4 feet tall haha. I would keep spraying if its getting so all the leaves are being eaten, but as the plants get taller and the leaves get bigger, hopefully the damaged leaves will be replaced by more. If your plants are still small, you could spray a lot more often. Always read the directions for application too. Some bugs will also be deterred by spraying with soapy water. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ask a Question