Sunflowers in Japan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
image.jpg

I took this picture recently because I thought it showcased some simple beauty. Sunflowers just happily growing by a fence right along some train tracks at my local station.

The soil here is pretty fertile, I find - many things grow well, and often in the most unusual of places!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Gee, those are sunflowers. I had only seen that big of a sunflower in Baguio City, that cool place high up in the Mountain Province. They have so many flowers there like roses and sunflower. A gardener there said that flowers like the cool climate. And to emphasize that, Baguio City has Panagbenga, the so called Flower Festival in February. The everyday parade goes for one week, showcasing the flowers of the city.

Reaction score
They said sunflowers usually grow faster where there is direct sunlight in order to bloom its flowers well. That is why during the summer season you can see their flowers are blooming amazingly. Whenever I am seeing this kind of flower it always reminds me of the sun that is always there to give sunshine and meaning to our life. Well, thank you for sharing this nice sunflowers photo in Japan. :):love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
They said sunflowers usually grow faster where there is direct sunlight in order to bloom its flowers well. That is why during the summer season you can see their flowers are blooming amazingly. Whenever I am seeing this kind of flower it always reminds me of the sun that is always there to give sunshine and meaning to our life. Well, thank you for sharing this nice sunflowers photo in Japan. :):love:

Yes, I guess originally I thought it was a bit of a random spot, right by a wire fence next to train tracks! But when I think about it more, it is a spot that is in direct sunlight - so it's probably the perfect spot for them to grow well! Glad you enjoyed the picture.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is a very lovely picture!:) Sunflowers are pretty and cheerful flowers, it must be nice to see them in a city. I love finding beautiful plants in such random spots. It's always a nice surprise:) A plant can make any place look more attractive:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is amazing, especially at the spot that they growing. I believe sunflowers are the easiest to grow since I have grown them these past three years. I just covered the seed, water and pray for sun light, and they do the rest :)

Reaction score
Yes, I guess originally I thought it was a bit of a random spot, right by a wire fence next to train tracks! But when I think about it more, it is a spot that is in direct sunlight - so it's probably the perfect spot for them to grow well! Glad you enjoyed the picture.

You are welcome and I really like the picture that you posted because I am a lover of flowering plants. What you are thinking is right that it is a spot that is in direct sunlight that is why the sunflowers are in full bloom not unlike when you will plant it in a cold climate this kind of flowering plant will not be growing as they should be.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
That is amazing, especially at the spot that they growing. I believe sunflowers are the easiest to grow since I have grown them these past three years. I just covered the seed, water and pray for sun light, and they do the rest :)

I always thought they would have been tricky to grow, but now I'm thinking since they managed to grow there that maybe I could give them a try! My backyard is fairly shaded so I don't think they would co-operate too well there -- but maybe in my front yard which gets plenty of sunlight!

I do just find it fun seeing beautiful flowers popping up in spots like that! A bit of brightness amongst the drab and dreary!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I always thought they would have been tricky to grow, but now I'm thinking since they managed to grow there that maybe I could give them a try! My backyard is fairly shaded so I don't think they would co-operate too well there -- but maybe in my front yard which gets plenty of sunlight!

I do just find it fun seeing beautiful flowers popping up in spots like that! A bit of brightness amongst the drab and dreary!!

I think you should try to grow them. They are so easy to grow, and in my mom's garden, she didn't even have to re-grow them. She just let the seeds dropped from the summer before, and they came back up this year without having to do anything about them. I love sun flowers, especially in different colors.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love sunflowers! I think they give such character to a garden or front lawn. I think it's amazing how big some of them could get. We used to have 2 huge sunflowers in our front yard and people would walk by our house stop and stare at them. I also love them because they are a flower that you can get additional use from. I love eating the sunflower seeds at the end of the season.

Ask a Question