Stupid pots.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a couple of 'strawberry planters' someone gave me once, tallish pots with six little 'cups' in two rows around the sides. Now, to my mind strawberries need a decent bit of room when planted out, so how do they expect seven of them to grow in one pot? Anyway, after having them sit empty for some time I thought I would plant herbs in one, a sage in the top and parsley, basil, thyme etc. round the outside. Only the sage really grew properly, so I thought I would take it out and put it in another pot. That was when I realised that the pot bells out in the middle and narrows at the top, I had to destroy the sage to get it out, luckily the cuttings seem to have taken.
Stupid pots, I don't know what to use them for now, it's a pity, they are a nice blue.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have a couple of 'strawberry planters' someone gave me once, tallish pots with six little 'cups' in two rows around the sides. Now, to my mind strawberries need a decent bit of room when planted out, so how do they expect seven of them to grow in one pot? Anyway, after having them sit empty for some time I thought I would plant herbs in one, a sage in the top and parsley, basil, thyme etc. round the outside. Only the sage really grew properly, so I thought I would take it out and put it in another pot. That was when I realised that the pot bells out in the middle and narrows at the top, I had to destroy the sage to get it out, luckily the cuttings seem to have taken.
Stupid pots, I don't know what to use them for now, it's a pity, they are a nice blue.
I got a few of those and had the same problem. Everything dries out too much.
I've got a couple of ideas I'm thinking on trying -

1. Succulents
2. Other Alpines
3. Something like Livingston Daisy which is very draught tolerant.

Google to find pictures of the first two. I know 3 will work as I planted some LD's in a very tiny pot which I rarely remembered to water and they thrived all summer long.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Becky puts impatiens and other flowers in ours. But then she puts flowers in so many odd places it can be hard to describe.

Twigs

Nature Hobbyist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone8
Country
United States
I use strawberry pots for herbs.
Basil on top, mint, chives, oregano, parsley, thyme, and spearmint. It works...I can only guest that I’m using a larger version. Strawberry pots come in different sizes.

Ask a Question