Starting your Garden Indoors using Shop Lights

Discussion in 'Gardening Tools and Equipment' started by Captain Belly, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Captain Belly

Captain Belly

I usually start my garden early in late February (Missouri).... I use T8 shop lights on a rack that I made. I then transplant after the average late frost. this is usually on Mothers Day in my zone.

Captain Belly, Feb 10, 2018
    JBtheExplorer and CanadianLori like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Captain Belly

alp

This is a very expensive way of gardening. Sounds like flogging products. I can't afford to seed using this method. Very costly.

alp, Feb 11, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Captain Belly

marlingardener

We have shelving with lights suspended, and start quite a bit of our vegetable and herb plants indoors. Since all of the equipment is used and reused for years, including the trays and starter cells, it isn't all that expensive. The electricity used to run two florescent light fixtures is minimal. Buying starts would be much more expensive than our little set-up, and I'd miss the fun of watching my "babies" grow! Seed Start 2.jpg

marlingardener, Feb 11, 2018
  4. Captain Belly

alp

@marlingardener Your method can accommodate more seeds and I would certainly use your methods. I have used jiffy and cuttings certainly take faster, but it's not cheap and the netting mesh I have is not good for the plants in the long term - not easily biodegradable. The one shown here is of far better quality, but would certainly cost more.

alp, Feb 12, 2018
  5. Captain Belly

Becky Administrator

@Captain Belly if you participate in the forum I am happy for you to share your videos, but as things stand it seems that you're just here to promote your channel... (n)

Becky, Feb 15, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question