Started my new job yesterday

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
hope it works out for you. i've always thought that would be a good part time job for a season or two. make some extra cash and get deals on home needs, assuming you get an employee discount.

Thanks! I'm seasonal and there is no guarantee for the end of the season, but for now it's what you stated. It's not a significant discount, but being there enables me to get things done around the house and there is a lot needing doing. I've transitioned out of what I was doing before and I'm ready to move forward.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey congratulations on the new job that is awesome :) Sounds like you spent a lot of time there anyways :p they might as well pay you!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Did you check? You know, a lot of the time you're busy doing other things like restocking the shelves and don't even have to talk to anyone.
No, the weather has been so bad here, with ice and sleet, I haven't been out of the house for two weeks!

So, now that you've been there a little while, have you spent all of your salary on new plants and gardening accessories? I'm afraid that's what I would do, I couldn't be around all those pretty things, and not bring a few home with me! I'd probably end up having to pay them to work there. ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Hey congratulations on the new job that is awesome :) Sounds like you spent a lot of time there anyways :p they might as well pay you!

LOL, I really did. I'm not the only one though. One of the guys in the inside garden area is a handyman and he straddles three different areas of the store. They really keep him hopping. He's a nice guy; he's going to show me how to change my windshield wipers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
No, the weather has been so bad here, with ice and sleet, I haven't been out of the house for two weeks!

So, now that you've been there a little while, have you spent all of your salary on new plants and gardening accessories? I'm afraid that's what I would do, I couldn't be around all those pretty things, and not bring a few home with me! I'd probably end up having to pay them to work there. ;)

LOL, no! I've been very good. Last week, I only bought one plant, and only because it had been marked down to half price. I had been trying to cultivate it from cuttings and not having success. It's a variety of bleeding heart. I also bought some large (20.5 inches!) pots that were on clearance for $2.99.

It's so tempting, but I tell myself I am going to be there a while and there will be other stuff I can buy, lol.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Congrats ChabellG, it sounds like a nice job!

It is! When it's busy, I spend a lot of time talking about plants and gardening. When it's slower I may be setting out new plants, shelving products... each day is different, which is nice. Last night just before my shift ended I was pulling merchandise for an internet order.

Ask a Question