the 2016 gardening season has started...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
started most of all the long term plants today..tomatoes,eggplant,peppers brussels sprouts.some short term ones to get a jump. 4 types of lettuce,bok chio, need to get a few others started tomorrow....
DSC_0029.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 greenhouses and 3 window ledges packed with seedlings, of many varieties, in order to make the most of our short growing season.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I don't have anything started inside yet- all outside. I want to get my tomatoes going, though! Just need to make the time.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, nice to meet you MC (y)

Got some tomato seeds in, no germination yet. Repaired greenhouse again, just in time for today's storm :rolleyes:

Got a new seed box and sorted thru what I've got, hopefully get going at the weekend :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
last weekend did breakout the tiller to prep the pea/watermelon patch.. spread 5 bags of black kow and some 13-13-13 and tilled it in.
View attachment 11614
View attachment 11615
planted a golden and black muscadine grapes as well.
View attachment 11616
so heres to a great 2016 gardening season...
View attachment 11617
Very impressive majorcatfish. I feel like i should click my heels and salute;).
Different season in my neck of the woods, I have a few green tomatoes I'm hoping will ripen but that's about it. Should think about winter veg.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
now thats funny.... :)
no clicking of heels or saluting needed here... vegetable gardening is my mental therapy after a long day at work....

That's also our dream - to have a big garden for therapeutic purposes. But we cannot do that today since we have an office job and our backyard is very small. Maybe when I retire from work, we can afford to buy a 1 hectare land that we can convert into a vegetable farm. And like you, we would enjoy planting not for the money but simply for the joy of harvesting. Right now we always share to neighbors whatever harvest we have.

Ask a Question