Started my compost box today

Reaction score
Country
United States
Feeling excited that I Finally built and filled one side of my compost box today. There's not alot in it right now, but every little bit helps
Hopefully building raised garden beds sometime in early March. Going to build them with 2x10 lumber (scraps from work). I think 4 ft x 12ft should be okay. Probably start out with 5 or so.

Going to put them up in the top center area of the picture. Thats the property's corner line.
20220123_145802.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cold composting. That is more or less how I compost, except I don't even have a box. Instead, I have a few large piles in various out-of-the-way spots. I also put a fair amount of material directly in my beds and garden paths. Composting in place is a real time saver.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Cold composting. That is more or less how I compost, except I don't even have a box. Instead, I have a few large piles in various out-of-the-way spots. I also put a fair amount of material directly in my beds and garden paths. Composting in place is a real time saver.
I kind of do the same thing. I have a little area that \I dump leaves, old plants, kitchen scraps etc. I try and turn it over every couple of weeks. I will scoop it up and put it in some raised beds I am building for spring.
thumbnail (9).jpg

thumbnail (11).jpg

Ask a Question