Started planting recently and want to identify the things in my courtyard garden...

Reaction score
Country
United States
Most of these I have gotten from friends places and they were out of the ground and near dying. I know the one is an asparagus fern but I posted it because I think it's pretty. If anyone can identify any of the other plants I would appreciate it. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0952.jpeg
    IMG_0952.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0954.jpeg
    IMG_0954.jpeg
    350.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0956.jpeg
    IMG_0956.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 27
Reaction score
Country
United States
The mushrooms and the little garlic looking things popped up underneath the asparagus fern after I planted it.

Attachments

• IMG_0947.jpeg
    IMG_0947.jpeg
    405 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0948.jpeg
    IMG_0948.jpeg
    305.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0949.jpeg
    IMG_0949.jpeg
    402.2 KB · Views: 31
Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Asparagus densiflorus 'Myers'. The tuberous roots emerging from the ground in the last image are also from this species.

There are also four different bromeliads pictured. There are many species of bromeliad and many more hybrids and cultivar selections. Identification is more certain if they were blooming. The large red one is a spineless red pineapple (Ananas lucidus) or a hybrid of that. The one with silvery leaves looks similar to Aechmea fasciata. The one with red tips is Neoregelia spectabliis or a hybrid. The small green one in the corner might be another Neoregelia.

The plant in the clay pot is an Aloe, possibly Aloe vera or similar.

The yellow mushroom is a Flowerpot Parasol (Leucocoprinus birnbaumii), common in greenhouses, with houseplants, and outdoors in warm, humid climates.

Ask a Question