My Peace lily started drooping (again) and i think i overwatered it :((

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I recently added new soil to my peace lily (removed it from its pot and mixed in a new medium then just placed the plant back in the same pot from before, which is the one in the pic) cause it was starting to droop, now after I repotted it, the plant is starting to droop again :(( Is this just the plant being in shock? Or has it been overwatered perhaps? (cause the moisture meter says its pretty wet right now) I hope someone can help me :((
119917854_981370112335182_8701148083642381925_n.jpg
119741914_313028819796328_1315951535228768589_n.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Did you add fresh soil around the original rootball or did you pull the soil off the roots? If you pulled the soil off you have damaged the root hairs which absorb the water for the plant. It will take several weeks for new ones to grow so be very careful with the water in the meantime.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Did you add fresh soil around the original rootball or did you pull the soil off the roots? If you pulled the soil off you have damaged the root hairs which absorb the water for the plant. It will take several weeks for new ones to grow so be very careful with the water in the meantime.
I see! thanks! I did both, I added fresh soil and removed the soil near the roots. The soil that it came in becomes VERYYY hard when it gets dry and I assumed that, that wouldn't be so good for the plant hence I mixed in a new medium.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Unless the potting soil a plant you buy is smelly, It’s best to adjust your watering rather than change the soil.
I see! The soil was reallyyy hard tho! lol even a metal fork couldn't dig in it when it gets dry, as well as my moisture meter, it couldn't break the soil unless I wanted my moisture meter to crack open lol

Ask a Question