Help, yellow leaves on Peace Lily. Thank you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Photos below. Hello gardeners! Thank you so much for your help! I just bought my first plant... a Peace Lily! However, some of the leaves have been turning yellow over the past few days and I am worried it is not getting the right care. I attached some photos below showing how it currently looks.
I have it sitting on a South facing window in my kitchen where it gets indirect sunlight. I have watered it twice in the 3 weeks ive had it with water left out overnight to get rid of any chlorine. I couldn't tell if the soil was damp or not but I let the peace lily drain from the bottom both times.
Any and all advise will help! I want to give this baby the best care possible!
Thank you so very much!!

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First of all welcome to the forum @StellasStar :) Peace lilies are among the toughest of plants, and I have always found they can manage quite well with a bit of neglect. Apart from a couple of yellow leaves this plant looks pretty healthy to me. I would cut off the yellow leaves if the plant was mine, and continue with watering every few days. As long as the new leaves look good I wouldn`t be worried.

Reaction score
Country
India
Hi StellasStar,

I read some articles which mention Peace Lilies can develop yellow leaves if they receive too much light. Maybe you could try moving the plant a little further away from the window and check if it improves?
Also about the watering schedule , even I find it difficult to understand the soil's moisture level - so I water my peace lily whenever it starts to droop a little. That ways it's easy to avoid overwatering it. Hope this helps :)

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Thank you for all the replies! Sadly, it was root rot. I tried to save it but was unable to. I believe it got root rot from the person who potted it. I hope this fourm helps someone in the future. ❤

Ask a Question