Can you tell me what’s wrong with this moon cactus? It suddenly started to change its colour please tell me what to do!

Reaction score
Country
India
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum.Zigs is the forum cacti expert, so he will tell you more. I have grown cacti and I'd say that your plant is grafted. Best wishes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome @Praneeth . Sorry, Mike is right, and that cactus is grafted. The cactus on the top has no chlorophyll and cannot photosynthesize for itself. The green bit on the bottom is unable to support the top as it grows and it is doomed to die.
We have hundreds of cactus here - Zigs is out tending them at the moment. We never entertain the ones that have been grafted.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like it's grafted onto Dragon fruit which is looking like it's suffering. The cactus is trying to put on extra growth which is taking the energy out of the rootstock. Not sure about giving it more sunlight as the cactus might get sunburned?

Ask a Question