Squirrels

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We get grey squirrels in our garden, but today whilst playing golf I saw two "red" squirrels.
Well not actually red, but completely ginger in colour. They will be a mutation of ordinary grey squirrels, as that was what they looked like. Not the shape or ears like reds.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
We have a lot of gray squirrels here also some with a black variant, but they don't bother the garden. It's the red what we call fox squirrels that do damage in the garden especially corn here. Uncanny ability to know when it is the sweetest.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Don't get many grey squirrels in our garden because there's a small wood close by, but do get the occasional one and it doesn't do any damage.

Twigs

Nature Hobbyist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone8
Country
United States
1680355863139.jpeg

Just thought it was funny

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Lots of black squirrels here. The odd grey one. Sometimes there will be a red squirrel make a nest in my garage. Fun to watch them all but not so fun when they dig up plants in the garden. I try to keep sunflower seeds out for them so they don't feel the need to work at finding food lol. But, they just dig up the garden to burry the seeds anyway lol. Lots of sunflowers growing in my garden lol.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
That's awesome! So, check it out—while you were busy on the golf course, you spotted not one, but two ginger squirrels chillin' in your garden. They might not be the true red squirrels, but hey, it's still a pretty rad mutation, right? They may not have the same shape or ears as the reds, but those unique ginger coats definitely make them stand out. How cool is that?

Ask a Question