Spinosad---------All around organic pesticide

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Spinosad showed up in Texas about 10 yrs ago as a fire ant control and has lately become the go to organic remedy for many pests with the application of todays modern technology. Spinosad is derived from a soil bacteria. It is certified Organic and is user friendly. There are many products out there now with spinosad as its active ingredient. It is death on aphids, the larvae of beetles, beetles, white flies, leaf footed stink bugs and their larvae and some caterpillars. Mix 2 oz per gallon of water and 1 oz molasses. Spray anytime as it will not burn. Neem oil will also work but Neem has a few negatives so most gardeners will first use Spinosad.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on that Chuck, I had not heard of it before. I'm sure anyone interested in organic gardening will glad to have that as a pest control option.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up on that Chuck, I had not heard of it before. I'm sure anyone interested in organic gardening will glad to have that as a pest control option.
I forgot to mention that it also comes in a powder and also that as a soil drench it is outstanding.

Reaction score
Awesome! This is the very first time I hear there is an insecticide that is 100% organic! I will definitely use this one the next time I need an insecticide. It's good to know here are truly organic options out there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for such an interesting and informative post, Chuck. To be honest, I haven't heard of the spinosad before. I'm a big fan of 100% organic products, so I definitely want to try it out. Can I use it indoors, too?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you for such an interesting and informative post, Chuck. To be honest, I haven't heard of the spinosad before. I'm a big fan of 100% organic products, so I definitely want to try it out. Can I use it indoors, too?
You can use it anywhere. There is no odor or residue with this product and is a broad spectrum pesticide/insecticide. It has some residual effects but not much

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
You can use it anywhere. There is no odor or residue with this product and is a broad spectrum pesticide/insecticide. It has some residual effects but not much
Thank you for your response:) You encouraged me, I'll look for spinosad and I'll use it on my miniature roses:) I hope it will help them. There is nothing better than organic products.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Probably not allowed, definitely not available.
We are SOOOOOOOO far behind N America when it comes to organic gyo; I suspect it's to keep organic agricultural prices artificially high.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Probably not allowed, definitely not available.
We are SOOOOOOOO far behind N America when it comes to organic gyo; I suspect it's to keep organic agricultural prices artificially high.
It is all over the internet. Hell, I'll send you some and put colonics on the customs form

Ask a Question