So angry...another death !

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Sad isn't it Logan, all because certain humans are careless when speeding at night, even on country roads :mad:

I had some good news today - the hog I took in is recovering well, he had lungworm so has been treated & fattened up. I wonder if that explains the diminishing population around here..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Sad isn't it Logan, all because certain humans are careless when speeding at night, even on country roads :mad:

I had some good news today - the hog I took in is recovering well, he had lungworm so has been treated & fattened up. I wonder if that explains the diminishing population around here..

Couldn't be good news.. That's why some animals do benefit from conservation efforts and you're contributing to them.. Well done!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom

Dogs can get lungworm, they eat grass and it's got snails or slug eggs on it. It's fatal for the dogs, unless they have preventative treatment. Our dogs aren't allowed to lick grass and their never off lead.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Dogs can get lungworm, they eat grass and it's got snails or slug eggs on it. It's fatal for the dogs, unless they have preventative treatment. Our dogs aren't allowed to lick grass and their never off lead.

It comes from the trails not the eggs, slugs & snails won't lay eggs on grass - they'll be somewhere less exposed like under pots etc. It's why you need to ensure your monthly de-flea from the vet covers anti-lungworm like ours. 'Milprazone'

Last edited:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
It comes from the trails not the eggs, slugs & snails won't lay eggs on grass - they'll be somewhere less exposed like under pots etc. It's why you need to ensure your monthly de-flea from the vet covers anti-lungworm like ours. 'Milprazone'
Ho i see. Our vet does a worming treatment that you can only get from a vet. I put a flee treatment on every 2 months.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
I think Slug pellet containers should have pictures of dead hedgehogs plastered over them like cigarette packets plaster cancer all over the packets to stop people smoking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think Slug pellet containers should have pictures of dead hedgehogs plastered over them like cigarette packets plaster cancer all over the packets to stop people smoking
Righto, Darren - you can definitely be in our club. Unfortunately though, I also know of morons in my neck of the woods who will actually call it sport to try to run them over on the road. I am also waging a hard fought battle round here to point out to avid gardeners that plastic netting can be a long slow and painful death for our hogs - as can plastic bags and other debris. If only people could be half as nice as hedgehogs - or any other animal come to that :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Great - wonderful - fanjollytastic. I have just signed this and really hope a few more will (y)

Ask a Question