Smoked out of my garden

Reaction score
Country
Canada
We are getting the air quality warnings again. But today the smell is more like burnt plastic rather then wood. It's nasty.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I've only just seen this thread @pepper. I understand what you are going through as my daughter lives in British Columbia. Last year she was driving between two wildfires to get to work on a country road, not knowing whether she'd be able to get back home again in the evenings - very scary!

I hope it all settles down for you soon.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've only just seen this thread @pepper. I understand what you are going through as my daughter lives in British Columbia. Last year she was driving between two wildfires to get to work on a country road, not knowing whether she'd be able to get back home again in the evenings - very scary!

I hope it all settles down for you soon.
That would be so scary! I shouldn't complain.. I am in no danger just smoke and bad air.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Todays forcast actually said "smoke/haze/sun" instead of the usual "partly cloudy". I really didn't notice anything though.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
As every morning I got up made coffee and checked the news. It was saying that so far the wildfires in canada have burned over 20 million acres. I am always thinking to myself that must be really causing a lot of disruption with the wildlife, causing animals to go where they normally wouldn't as well as affecting teratorial animals and predators pushing everything away from their natural habitats. After my coffee I went to check on my garden and there was tracks through it where a deer had walked. It didn't stop to eat anything, not even the lettuce. There are no deer here, far too many cars, people, dogs. Makes me wonder if it has something to do with the fires.

Ask a Question