Small space potato growing

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I heard that growing potatoes in containers and hilling them up was impossible, that potatoes didn't grow up, that potatoes didn't grow that way. Apparently all of those videos were somehow photoshopped or fudged.

I wonder why that fellow growing the Yukon Gold potatoes only had 1/3 to 1/2 of the production that the other guys did? Could it be that he didn't hill up? That his growing depth was only 10 inches deep at most? That his potatoes couldn't grow up? The only potatoes that I saw was at the bottom of the plant and I was told that is the only way potatoes will grow. This is most strange. Someone will have to enlighten me on this phenomenon

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I am fortunate that there is comfrey growing in my new 1/2 allotment, and is just about ready to harvest.
I'm going to cut the bottom off a plastic 5 litre mineral water bottle, turn it upside down and nail it to my shed.
I'll put a big jar below it and remove the lid.
The expected slime that should be produced will make an excellent organic tomato feed.

DSCF3182_1.jpg

Ask a Question