Small peppers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
Thanks guys. I'm limited to big box stores for starter plants, so variety is whatever Bonnie decided to call yellow Bell. They are good, but I'm going to look for a source for some other varieties next season.
Buy seed at Walmart, a wide range of selection and plant when you like. The planter boxes may be inhibiting growth. Plant one in the dirt if you can . If you must plant in boxes water from the bottom if possible. If you lived next door I' give you one to stuff. Will hold nearly a half pound of ground round. Pepper half pounder ll - 8-12-18.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Holy smokes that's huge! To add insult to injury, my wife brought home two huge peppers from the store today! Now I'm going to developed a complex over my... Peppers!:confused::ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Holy smokes that's huge! To add insult to injury, my wife brought home two huge peppers from the store today! Now I'm going to developed a complex over my... Peppers!:confused::ROFLMAO:

Hope you did not toss out the seed from the peppers your wife bought..........Save the seed and plant them. One of the things I do.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Actually been thinking of trying that. My jalapeno plant has been fantastic this year, so I want to harvest some if those seeds as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
I'm a record keeper, well kind of, sort of, and for the record in the bag is 2 of those big fellers and after processing for the freezer they weighed nearly 14 oz. Today it was time to begin processing Gypsy Sweets as they turn from yellow to red in case wife wants to add a little color to a dish.

Attachments

• Peppers - 2 - for freezer 9-9-18.JPG
    Peppers - 2 - for freezer 9-9-18.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 178
  • Peppers 2 in freezer - 14 oz 9-9-18.JPG
    Peppers 2 in freezer - 14 oz 9-9-18.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 178
  • Pepper Gypsy Sweet- 9-10-18.JPG
    Pepper Gypsy Sweet- 9-10-18.JPG
    5.4 KB · Views: 166
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Well My tiny Peppers isn't the fault of being in a raised bed. For the last 3 years I have been getting huge peppers. This year NOPE NADA, just dinky things.

:D Al

Ask a Question