Small front yard plant guide.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a terraced front yard approx 6mtrs wide and 3mtrs long. It has a charcoal colour resin bound surface, a 30cm tall wall (painted black) topped with a 30cm wrought iron black fence. I'm wanting to introduce some colour and greenery to the perimeter. Ideally things that are reasonable hardy as I am not very experienced. The plants/shrubs/conifers? would need to be contained in pots or planters and ideally not grow more than 1mtr tall and not grow too fat as my front yard has limited space. As I paint the wall and ironwork I would also like to be able to move the pots and replace when finished. As far as sunlight goes it is shaded until 1-2PM then in sunlight 2-6PM.

Thanks for reading and appreciate any suggestions!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1694383625770.png
Terracotta wall would be my choice, leaving the grey and the black railing. Maybe one big pot with a miniature apple tree and a seat next to it from which you can admire your painting skills. If you make a small seating area there, you will get more ideas as you sit and ponder, and take a rest at the same time.
You can grow salad crops and herbs in pots, it's good to grow stuff you can eat, especially with the high food prices we have now.
Sometimes you can hang a mirror somewhere to make the area look a bit bigger.
1694384267241.png
Welcome to the forums. :)

Ask a Question