Slugs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
When i first arrived at GF, there was a wonderful thread titled "Best Way to Keep Slugs Out of the Garden" started by Tsuzuke on Feb 5, 2016. The thread was in the General Garden Chat (maybe a better place would have been Pests and Diseases). I am really impressed by the variety of ideas and methods posted in this thread. It seems that everyone wants to talk about slugs and there are several threads scattered around. Recently, i posted some photos (i think on Feb 17 or. 18) to General Garden Talk in "What's looking good for April 2017" that generated some conversation regarding slugs. Some people are going to try aluminum foil. I would like to hear what kind of results they receive, but not in "What's looking good for April 2017". So, i am wondering if the thread "Best way to keep slugs out of the garden" can be brought back to life and maybe stickied? Also i am wondering if the slug conversations following my What's looking good photo post could be moved to this revived thread? Beverly, Daren, Sheal, MaryMary, UpsyDaisy are the participants so far (probably Apr 18, 19), but it threatens to continue. I don't know how problematic this would be, what say you Ian, Becky, Zigs?:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I had a look at the April 2017 thread and was just about to copy posts over to the slugs one, however as a few posts refer to photos and some refer to slugs in the same post, it isn't possible to move/copy them without breaking the context.

Instead, I've moved the slugs thread to diseases & pests - so if you add a comment or question to it, it'll bump up to the top again and perhaps the discussion can carry on there:

https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/best-way-to-keep-slugs-out-of-garden.7082/

If it proves popular, I'll sticky it :).

Ask a Question