Should I transplant the tomatoes or not?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Arab Emirates
Perfect for catnip. You can use those pots with your tomato for a period of time until it gets too big and then you put into a larger pot..................again.
Alright, thank you!
I'll have to look for some real potting soil now. Do I have to use fertilizers? What happens if I don't use a fertilizer on the tomato plant?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Alright, thank you!
I'll have to look for some real potting soil now. Do I have to use fertilizers? What happens if I don't use a fertilizer on the tomato plant?
Yes, you have to use nutrition on your tomato. If you can obtain organic fertilizer, but if not use a small number NPK. Apply about every 2 weeks. You can also use the same fertilizer on your catnip. Please supply picture of your cat.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Arab Emirates
Yes, you have to use nutrition on your tomato. If you can obtain organic fertilizer, but if not use a small number NPK. Apply about every 2 weeks. You can also use the same fertilizer on your catnip. Please supply picture of your cat.

Thanks for the advice. Here's a picture of my cat as you asked LOL:
10eth7M.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Arab Emirates

I found an all purpose organic fertilizer on amazon with biozome (no idea what this means) and 4-4-4 NPK (did my homework on NPK).
Is that good enough for any plant? If yes, how much do I use on the plant and how frequently?

I tried looking for some answers but couldn't find something a beginner like me would understand. :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Put about a cup around the base of the plant about every 2 weeks and water it in well. Beautiful cat

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Arab Emirates
Put about a cup around the base of the plant about every 2 weeks and water it in well. Beautiful cat

A friend of mine gave me a bag of fertilizer with 20-20-20 NPK. It's a red powder. He told me to use 1/4 spoon every week mixed with water.
Is 20-20-20- NPK ok for the tomato?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
A friend of mine gave me a bag of fertilizer with 20-20-20 NPK. It's a red powder. He told me to use 1/4 spoon every week mixed with water.
Is 20-20-20- NPK ok for the tomato?
That fertilizer is an extremely potent and dangerous product. It can burn and kill a tomato if used too strong but 1/4 teaspoon should be ok. Having said that the 4-4-4 would be a better choice

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Arab Emirates
That fertilizer is an extremely potent and dangerous product. It can burn and kill a tomato if used too strong but 1/4 teaspoon should be ok. Having said that the 4-4-4 would be a better choice

Honestly, I have a very bad feeling about the fertilizer. I don't even know if it's organic. I'll leave it aside and buy a trusted product instead.

By the way, will my plant survive with no fertilizer at all? I think the soil it's in might already be rich because chicken lived around it before I scooped it in the box. Isn't chicken waste like a fertilizer?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Honestly, I have a very bad feeling about the fertilizer. I don't even know if it's organic. I'll leave it aside and buy a trusted product instead.

By the way, will my plant survive with no fertilizer at all? I think the soil it's in might already be rich because chicken lived around it before I scooped it in the box. Isn't chicken waste like a fertilizer?
The 20-20-20 is NOT organic, it's chemical. Yes, your tomato will live without fertilizer but will not perform near as well as with fertilizer. Composted chicken manure is about the best fertilizer there is.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Arab Emirates
The 20-20-20 is NOT organic, it's chemical. Yes, your tomato will live without fertilizer but will not perform near as well as with fertilizer. Composted chicken manure is about the best fertilizer there is.

Thanks for the warning. I found 50L of potting soil with organic fertilizer on a website, will this make things easier for me? Should I get it?

It has the following (copy pasted):
  • Contains immediately available & slow-release organic fertilizers

• Composed of high-quality humus, valuable compost & buffering clay

• Absorbent volcanic clay ensures a balanced water supply

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks for the warning. I found 50L of potting soil with organic fertilizer on a website, will this make things easier for me? Should I get it?

It has the following (copy pasted):
  • Contains immediately available & slow-release organic fertilizers

• Composed of high-quality humus, valuable compost & buffering clay

• Absorbent volcanic clay ensures a balanced water supply
Sounds like good stuff so if not too expensive get it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Arab Emirates
Sounds like good stuff so if not too expensive get it.

Ordered it with pruning clippers for harvesting and a trowel to move the tomato. I hope things go well. Thank you for sharing knowledge with me. :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Arab Emirates
I transplanted it earlier today about 4 hours ago. It's sitting completely outside right now rather than on the window.

KkiqPeN.jpg

You probably noticed it has less leaves. A few days ago I saw some mini transparent white spots on the leaves and I thought it was sick so I removed the leaves. New ones grew back though but I still see some white spots. Should I be concerned?

fhS3kGb.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I transplanted it earlier today about 4 hours ago. It's sitting completely outside right now rather than on the window.

KkiqPeN.jpg

You probably noticed it has less leaves. A few days ago I saw some mini transparent white spots on the leaves and I thought it was sick so I removed the leaves. New ones grew back though but I still see some white spots. Should I be concerned?

fhS3kGb.jpg
What happened to its leaves

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Arab Emirates
What happened to its leaves
I thought there was a disease on them. They had small transparent white spots on them so I trimmed them away fearing it would spread. It's doing fine for now, new leaves are growing.

Ask a Question