SHADY LADY

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a new SHADY Lady planted in our front yard. It's about 12 ft tall. The Support for the tree when it was delivered was broken in half. Now the center part of the tree is leaning to the left. I called to report this to the tree company and they said there was nothing they could do that it was OK if it did this. I have seen other trees in our neighborhood growing the same way. They don't look straight at all. Any advice?

Attachments

• 20220912_145309.jpg
    20220912_145309.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
After having looked at pictures of Shady Lady trees on google, your young tree appears to be completely normal. Just give it time to grow and it will even out. They are not supposed to be straight.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am concerned about main tree trunk growing sideways. I realize it is the nature of the tree to grow different directions. I looked up on Google too. I thought someone with experience with these trees might have insight. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I am concerned about main tree trunk growing sideways. I realize it is the nature of the tree to grow different directions. I looked up on Google too. I thought someone with experience with these trees might have insight. Thank you.
You could force any limber plant with a stiff wire in the bonsai method. Not sure its worth doing but spiral wire of some sort could help you make it what you want it to be.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Support for the tree when it was delivered was broken in half.
A shame the company responded so unsatisfactorily. I always feel for plants when they are being moved and would hate to mess it about further driving a new stake through its roots. I would go for putting on a 'splint', A couple of feet of two by one and a couple of two foot lengths of duct tape might not look wonderful, but it will give you a good eighteen months / two years of service, and tape does not bite into the tree like most ties. By that time the tree should have established itself a bit.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It's like a construction site. All dust and noise and smelly guys. And then you get a (hopefully) shiny new building. Or prepping for a night out with makeup, hair products, clothes...........

Ask a Question