Bucida Buceras (Shady Lady) help

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all, I purchased an 8 ft indoor Bucida Buceras (Shady Lady) tree that was shipped overnight Thursday and arrived next morning Friday. It was immediately moved out of the box, watered, and placed into its spot in my home. By end of day Saturday, it started to look a little shriveled and by end of day Sunday it started looking dry. Today (Monday) most of the leaves have curled/shriveled up and are dry/paper-like.

Not sure if the tree is just in shock from being transported? I also live at 6,000 feet elevation in a dry climate (Zone 6) - the tree is native to Zone 10 and prefers humidity. Not sure if it’s just shock or if I should invest in a humidifier and maybe even a sun lamp? The soil did feel very dry this morning so I watered it some more - maybe I didn’t water it enough before?

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Get the humidifier.
You probably need to water more thoroughly. Something that size (I'm guessing 14" or larger pot) probably needs at least 1/2 gallon at a time. Check it once a week to see if it needs watering and water when it's dry about 2" down. Since you did water it some and it hasn't been dry for very long, it may come back but need some time to look good again.

Ask a Question