Shade Grass near Austin Texas

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have my fingers crossed - I am in communication with a possible work opportunity in Scottsdale, so if I am very lucky, and God grants me mercy, someone else can worry about the Bermuda grass and grapes.

Chuck, if this works out you can come and get the Peach tree if you want it.

Attachments

• Peach Tree.jpg
    Peach Tree.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have my fingers crossed - I am in communication with a possible work opportunity in Scottsdale, so if I am very lucky, and God grants me mercy, someone else can worry about the Bermuda grass and grapes.

Chuck, if this works out you can come and get the Peach tree if you want it.
I hope you get the job. I might just do that. I'll let you know. Sam Houston's are not the most prolific peach in my area but do OK. I have 2 of them now but one more is always better.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What are the downsides of letting Beruda grass grow tall, besides chiggers?
If you let your grass grow tall you can and probably will damage it or actually kill it out in spots when you mow again. It will do this because when the grass is green and you cut off more than about 30%-40% you are removing too much of the chlorophyl making leaves which will cause severe stress on the root system and during the heat of a Texas summer this stress can kill the roots. If it doesn't kill it, it will weaken the grass causing it to be more susceptible to pathogens. It is much better to mow regularly and at a specific height.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Chuck,

What is the easiest ground cover to grow in Cedar Creek?

Portions of my Bermuda grass look great - others areas are turning brown - all watered / cared for the same way. I just want the ground to be green as simply as possible.

Ask a Question