Serrano Peppers

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello. I bought a Serrano pepper plant, from Bonnie Plants, about 6 weeks ago. It is in a 4” pot. It’s still a little cold at night (low 40s) to plant it, so I’ve just been watering it and keeping it in a sunny spot. Growth was fairly unremarkable for the first 2-3 weeks. For some reason, I decided to use diluted coffee to water it one day and I noticed an instant difference. It started growing right away. I didn’t want to overdo it, but I figured I would try it a few more times. Within one week, it began flowering. I removed the flowers as I felt this was premature and I wanted to wait until it was planted to allow flowering/fruit yielding to start. In the following 2 weeks, the plant literally tripled in size and has now grown MANY new buds. I have continued to water it with diluted coffee. It’s about 14” tall. Should I remove the new buds or let it flower? I plan on planting it outside in about another week. Should I stop watering with diluted coffee?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Coffe is an incredible fertilizer and can produe insabe growth while exciting the plants natural reproductive process .

What you want to do is top the plant . Find the top of the plant and pinc or snip off roughly 1 inc . This will stop vertical growth and focus the growing process on reproduction. Ie friuts or vegetables.

Ask a Question