What is happening with my peppers?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Tuesday, September 22, 2020

I planted my peppers in the spring and they didn’t produce much all spring or summer. I was about to pull them up and plant some lettuce for the fall when all of a sudden they started producing. This is my first year in South Carolina (zone 8A) . It's much warmer here than where I used to live and I’m still trying to figure things out. Any ideas as to what is going on?

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Don't pull them yet. The best production for my peppers is usually in the fall when temps begin to back off some.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
My Jalapeños are just getting their second wind. I think this second crop is going to be larger than the early crop. Some of the better plants I am going to move to the garage to see if I can overwinter them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
zone 6b
Country
United States
zone 6b here peppers are going crazy. summer time not so much but now jalepenos, sweets, pablanos, green peppers, all doing very well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Given they can live as much as 5 yard and still produce and your warm climate I'd leave them come September or so they should be in full swing . If small enough a bucket will protect them from chance of over nite frost . A trick originally done with a glass bell and the origin of the phrase " saved by the bell "

Ask a Question