Black Krim what's happening to the fruit?

S

saboken

I am growing some black Krim tomatoes, I just found one that's sick underneath not sure what it is? I pulled it so it can't spread! None of the other fruit has gotten this yet, any idea what caused this.

Attachments

• IMG_20200718_155315.jpg
    IMG_20200718_155315.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20200718_155308.jpg
    IMG_20200718_155308.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 93
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am growing some black Krim tomatoes, I just found one that's sick underneath not sure what it is? I pulled it so it can't spread! None of the other fruit has gotten this yet, any idea what caused this.
Two things. One is called catfacing. Catfacing is caused by improper pollination and results in a deformed fruit. The other thing is blossom end rot caused by the plants inability to uptake calcium. Nothing you can do about catfacing as it was probably caused by the weather at fruit set. On the blossom end rot once the fruit is affected there is nothing you can do, but to stop further harm to the fruit that doesn't have the rot, sprinkle about 2 cups of epsom salt around the base and out to the drip line of the plant and water it in.

S

saboken

Two things. One is called catfacing. Catfacing is caused by improper pollination and results in a deformed fruit. The other thing is blossom end rot caused by the plants inability to uptake calcium. Nothing you can do about catfacing as it was probably caused by the weather at fruit set. On the blossom end rot once the fruit is affected there is nothing you can do, but to stop further harm to the fruit that doesn't have the rot, sprinkle about 2 cups of epsom salt around the base and out to the drip line of the plant and water it in.
Thanks I'm growing them In self watering containers there was a good amount of fertilizer put into it as the instructions with a layer of line, should I lift the cloth and put Epson salt on the soil or mix it in with the water when I top the water res again?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks I'm growing them In self watering containers there was a good amount of fertilizer put into it as the instructions with a layer of line, should I lift the cloth and put Epson salt on the soil or mix it in with the water when I top the water res again?
Sprinkle it on top of the soil and water it in

Ask a Question