Very strange things happening to my pilea peperomioides leaves

Reaction score
Country
Canada
These white circles are appearing under most of the leaves (I'm assuming over watering but...?), and then some have the black/dark markings you can see, while another few have the brown scarring. Where the dark spots are, the surface of the top of the leaves is becoming rough and bumpy (also tried to capture this in one of the photos).

Any thoughts? (thank you for looking!)

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1143.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1145.JPG
    IMG_1145.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1146.JPG
    IMG_1146.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Canada
that looks like white-fly to me
Interesting. Thank you, I'll take a closer look. I haven't been able to see any pests, but I'm also pretty inexperienced. I do have another plant that has had some kind of attack as it has been covered in honey dew repeatedly. In this case I also couldn't find the culprit despite using a flash light, magnifying glass etc. So I have been giving most of my plants soap and neem baths in hope that takes care of the problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We`ve been puzzled about this problem, but there is no sign of whitefly that`s for sure. We thought it looks a bit like some kind of calcium deposit - maybe from watering, but not too sure about the dark spots. I have never actually grown this plant :unsure:
Welcome to the forum Margot.

Ask a Question