Serrano Chili Pepper Plant

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I'm in zone 9 and am growint S. Chiles for the first time in a container-terra cotta 14 in. We have temps from 85-105 lately and I'm not sure if it's affecting my S. Chili Pepper plant. # 1 chilies picked have black seeds inside, #2 chilies drop on ground-although they are green. I'm not sure if I'm under watering or over watering. I water once a day or very other day depending on the temp. Thank you guys.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi, I'm in zone 9 and am growint S. Chiles for the first time in a container-terra cotta 14 in. We have temps from 85-105 lately and I'm not sure if it's affecting my S. Chili Pepper plant. # 1 chilies picked have black seeds inside, #2 chilies drop on ground-although they are green. I'm not sure if I'm under watering or over watering. I water once a day or very other day depending on the temp. Thank you guys.
Black seeds are a result of improper or incomplete pollination and nothing to worry about. Fruit drop on hot peppers is caused from stress, in your case I'd say it was the heat. Are the fallen peppers full size or are they small?

Ask a Question