Long hot peppers

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm in NJ and I like starting my garden from seed. I'm looking for Long Hot peppers but it seems everyone has their own take on what exactly that is. The peppers I'm looking for are green but eventually turn red. About 6-10 inches long and 1 inch wide. And HOT.
Anyone have their take on what exact seeds I need?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm in NJ and I like starting my garden from seed. I'm looking for Long Hot peppers but it seems everyone has their own take on what exactly that is. The peppers I'm looking for are green but eventually turn red. About 6-10 inches long and 1 inch wide. And HOT.
Anyone have their take on what exact seeds I need?
Need much more info. Is the pepper straight, or curved or have a sharp pointed tip or wrinkled or smooth or thin walled or thick walled or a drying pepper or a frying pepper or a just plain eating pepper? 99% of all peppers start out green and end up red. And Hot is a relative term. Some folks actually eat Carolina Reapers so to them a Long Hot Pepper isn't hot at all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This could be a serrano , but could also be several others . To my taste the serrano is mild only 3x the heat of a jalapeno but I eat habaneros of the plant ,

Ask a Question