SEEDS HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically I wanted to start with gardening because its my first time and I find it fun and relaxing and I bought seeds and now Im very confused because im young and dont understand what they mean…

For example a lot of seeds say something like march - sep
and I dont understand because do i start sowing at march or can I sow any month from march to sep please help
Also do I have to sow them outdoors because my dad doesnt want flower beds and idk what to do
B18925FB-46DB-475B-89FF-3095C06704BA.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

When it says sow mar-sep it means you can sow at any point within this time span. For example, I have runner beans that say sow Apr-July so I've been sowing continual batches since spring.

You can just use containers-I don't have an actual earth filled garden so I do all of my planting in pots. Depending on where you are (I'm assuming UK due to the wilko seeds!) it's warm enough to direct sow outside so just plant in soil filled pots and water regularly. You should be fine!

I've attached a pic of an example of some of my pots.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_20220619_192211.jpg
    IMG_20220619_192211.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sow March to Sep. Flowers May to Oct.
So it takes about four weeks for them to get to flower, Those sown in March will flower in May. Missed that but it is nearly July so the should come into flower at the end of July, nearly August. Sow a few regularly every week and you will have flowers through to Oct.
Calendula are a good choice, not touchy and difficult and you get a real result. I say that the cheap plants are the best. If a plant is expensive it is because it is difficult to grow, not because it looks better, and you don't really want the ones that are difficult.

Ask a Question