Seed exchange?

Jamie Calloway

Fruitalicious
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Is there a seed exchange on this forum? If not, does anyone know of a good one that is up to date? I have searched on the internet but there doesn't seem to be any that are up to date. Also, is anyone on here also on the Bayougardener forum? I have been binge watching some YouTube videos from a fellow on there (Virginia guy) about building a greenhouse, pretty neat stuff.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
The Only Problem With World wide Seed Exchange on this forum would Probably be the customs Officers From Some Country's:(. But Local Seed Exchange May work (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Jamie, I have never belonged to a seed exchange but when I first got bit by the gardening bug I looked into joining one. After checking out their respective forums I decided it just wasn't worth the hastle. I'm sure there are good ones out there but most of the ones I found had a large number of dissatisfied people. I am very fortunate that I live within an hour of a family owned farm store that carries a large assortment of seeds at very reasonable prices.

Jamie Calloway

Fruitalicious
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yea, I found one that looks to be pretty active. They all seem to be very local or regional. They do group swapping which seems interesting to me. I need to build up more of a stockpile before I try though.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Jamie, I have swapped seeds with people on this and another gardening forum. I feel that I "know" them from their posts--they are experienced gardeners and I trust their expertise.
Receiving seeds from a stranger who may or may not know what they have and the possibility of introducing a disease to your garden--just not worth it for me.
I buy seeds at a local store, like Silent does, and swap seeds with local gardeners that I know and trust.
Do what you think is best, but be aware that what you get may not be what you want.

Jamie Calloway

Fruitalicious
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Makes since, think I will just keep to my online orders. If anyone has any extra candy onions let me know. Lol

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We could have a thread for seed exchange for UK forumers and one for US forumers and one for world forumers ... What do you think, @Daren ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
We could have a thread for seed exchange for UK forumers and one for US forumers and one for world forumers ... What do you think, @Daren ?
That's sounds Cool But Don't Count Me In To Run it lol I Just Cant See me having the Time....... as I think I got a vary Busy year ahead(y) I Could Imagine It Taking Off mind in the right hands;)

Jamie Calloway

Fruitalicious
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I would be willing to participate, although much like Daren I also have my hands full trying to get this garden started. If someone can take the reigns I would be willing to help.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
That's sounds Cool But Don't Count Me In To Run it lol I Just Cant See me having the Time....... as I think I got a vary Busy year ahead(y) I Could Imagine It Taking Off mind in the right hands;)

Don't think we have enough people to worth the hassle any way!

Ask a Question